Vanessa Varjian is a great artist and just happens to work for Blackduck Cidery in the orchard and cider room. Please check out her personal artist page to support her and maybe buy a piece to help a hungry artist!
“Dry Cider, Bottle Conditioned” 9″x12″ Acrylic on watercolor paper
Blackduck Cidery in the Press
- On The Road With Beer Sessions Radio: Episode 4 Back To The Roots on 11/1/16 hosted by the great Jimmy Carbone of Jimmy’s No. 43 in the East Village. Our piece starts at 32:45 , but the whole show is worth every minute.
New York ciders: Blackduck, Awestruck and other local cideries to try on 10/26/16 by Jillian Jorgensen in am New York. A ridiculous picture and quote from the man in the red track suit. He needs a better handler.
10 Awesome American Ciders You Should Be Drinking on 9/22/16 by Mike Pomranz in Food and Wine, Fwx. Thanks to Mike for the humbling words.
- Heritage Radio network Podcast : Power to the Cider aired on 9/13/16. This week on Beer Sessions Radio, Jimmy Carbone is joined in the studio by Ryan Burk, Tom Oliver, John Reynolds and BR Rolya to talk about all things cider.
Clinton Hill’s Cardiff Giant Only Serves New York Booze on 7/11/16 by Alicia Kennedy in Edible Brooklyn. Steven Baird the man behind Cardiff Giant gives us a great shout-out.
- Echoes of Spain in Ovid Cidery on 6/21/16 by Glynis Hart
- NPR : The Salt : For Foodies on 6/1/16 :Raise a Glass to Perry, Craft Cider’s Pear Cousin. Jill Neimark talks to Blackduck about perry.
- Heritage Radio Network Podcast aired 11/9/15 : This week Jimmy Carbone is on location at the Lower East Side’s Wassail for a special Cider Week edition of Beer Sessions Radio. Wassail’s Ben Sandler, Sabine Hrechdakian, and Dan Pucci with Blackduck Cidery’s John Reynolds pour out their expertise, insights, and questions about all things cider
- Heritage Radio Network Podcast aired 11/10/15 : It’s Cider Issues on Cooking Issues! Dave Arnold is joined by two bad-ass cider makers, Leif Sundström of Sundström Cider & John Reynolds of Blackduck Cidery. Together, they talk about some cider history and solve some listener questions related to apples, keeving and cider making.
- The Cider Journal on 10/9/15 : Tom Wark has some kind mentions of Blackduck while visiting the great Wassail in NYC.
- Ithaca Times newspaper on 9/28/15 :”The Finger Lakes Cider Boom: American’s Original Favorite Drink Returns”
- Cidercraft Magazine on 9/28/15 : “Besides The Cider: Take Note Of Vinegar”
- Edible Finger Lakes magazine in July/August 2015 issue: “Fields of Plenty: Daring Drake Farm”
- Bon Appetite magazine on 3/27/15 : “Meet Wassail, New York City’s First Cider Bar”
- NY Post newspaper on 3/26/15 : “This New Bar Proves Cider Isn’t Just For Girls”
- gothamist weekly digest on 3/23/15 : “The LES Gets A Vegetarian Barstaurant Dedicated To Cider”
- Insidehook Darlene Hayes gives a shout out to Blackduck in a guide to cider styles. Also check out her cider blog.